World-renowned Stanford University chose Webcor to perform the renovation of its historic Branner Hall & Dining Facility. Originally constructed in 1929, the residential hall and food service facility consists of two concrete structures: a four-story, 48,000 sq ft student dormitory with 80 rooms; and a 12,000 sq ft, two-story dining facility.
A new 2,000 sq ft kitchen addition was designed to preserve the original architectural integrity. Webcor performed the historic restoration and seismic retrofit work simultaneously, bringing all structural and utility systems up to the current building code.
While performing the seismic work, Webcor saved Stanford over $100,000 by suggesting a more economical structural reinforcement design. Webcor’s skilled craftsmen protected the delicate original plaster work for the entire duration of the project by shoring-up an existing light-well and reinforcing a stairwell.