What Type of Information Do We Collect?
Webcor may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“Personal Information”).
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
Personal Information does include:
- Contact Information, such as name, mailing address, telephone number, work and personal email address, work and personal telephone number;
- Other Personal Information Categories Listed in the California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) such as a signature, physical characteristics or description, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information;
- Information You Provide, such as personalized messages sent through Webcor Sites, your cookie preferences;
- Business Information, such as your company name, job title, department and name of organization, business address;
- Demographic Information, such as birthdate, age, zip code and general geographic information;
- Protected Classification Characteristics Under State or Federal Law, such as age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information);
- Device Information, such as, IP address, the identity of the Internet service provider, the name and version of the operating system, the name and version of the browser, the date and time of the visit, the pages visited; and
- Usage Information, such as information regarding how you use our Websites.
How Do We Collect Personal Information?
We collect your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
- Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Register for an account.
- Submit an inquiry to us.
- Register for an event.
- Complete an online form.
- Contact a support or other team.
- Interact with our social media pages.
- Otherwise interact with us.
- Passively. For example, when you:
- Visit and navigate our Websites on any device.
- Enable location-based features on our Websites.
- Click on a sponsored link or third-party advertisement.
- Automatically. As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites.
- From Third-Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks and analytics vendors.o Social media sites, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat and Instagram.
- Your contacts or friends who provide your information to us because they think you may be interested in our services.
- Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you, including data aggregators. Certain third-parties might link your name or email address to other information they have collected. That might include online usage information.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Websites.
- Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Websites.
- Combine information we get from third-parties with information we already have about you.
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information to conduct our business activities. Webcor collects only the minimum amount of personal data required to fulfill these activities. These activities include:
- Executing business activities, including completing our services.
- Conducting marketing and promotional activities, including responding to inquiries about Webcor products or services, providing offers and information (as permitted by law) about products, services, or events offered by Webcor.
- Improving the functionality, security, and usability of Webcor’s websites.
- Security, including monitoring log-in portals for access, validating identity, and preventing fraud.
- Fulfilling a legal or contractual obligation.
- Validating identity for security to allow access to Webcor premises and job sites.
- Complying with applicable laws or regulations.
- Webcor will not use the personal data it collects for purposes other than those described above without notifying data subjects identified by the data.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
Depending on how you interact with us, or the business and commercial purpose for the collection of information, we may use Personal Information for a variety of purposes, including:
- To deliver the services that you have requested;
- To communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about services that may be of interest to you either from us, our affiliate companies or other third parties;
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- To measure interest in our services
- To customize your experience;
- To detect and protect us against error, fraud, and other criminal activity;
- To do as otherwise described to you at the time of collection;
- To send you notifications regarding new services offered by our Websites that we think you may find valuable;
- For analytical purposes to help us better understand how our Websites are being used, and better design our Websites to improve content and ease of use;
- In the aggregate for the purpose of publishing trends on the usage of our Websites;
- To respond to your requests or questions;
- For marketing purposes;
- For administrative purposes; and
- As otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you
How Do We Share Personal Information?
To the extent consistent with applicable law, we may share Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- With affiliated and third-party service providers, such as companies that provide us technical support, data hosting, and other services;
- With other parties when required by law or as necessary to provide or protect our services, products, and other offerings. When we believe disclosure is appropriate, we may disclose personally identifiable information in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; to enforce other agreements or policies, in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law;
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of a business or assets to a third party, such as in connection with a merger or in the event of a bankruptcy reorganization or liquidation; and
- Unless users opt-out from receiving Webcor marketing materials upon registration, we may email users about products and services that we believe may be of interest to them. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing materials from our company, you may do so by following the unsubscribe link in the email communications, by going to your account settings (if applicable) or contacting us using the contact information below.
How Do We Store and Protect Personal Information?
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices over how we collect, use, store, and share your information. Please note that if you are a resident of California, you may have additional rights (see California Privacy Rights section below).
- Review & Correction. You may at any time review or change the information we have about you by going to your account settings (if applicable) or contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change Preferences. You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts by sending a request to InternalCom@webcor.com.
- Unsubscribe from Webcor Communications. You may choose whether you want to receive marketing and/or advertising messages from us. To exercise this right, please send a request to InternalCom@webcor.com.
- Control Advertising and Online Tracking. You have a right to control how your information is tracked online. Choices Regarding Your Information:You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
- Marketing Communications:
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications by using the unsubscribe link within each email.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
- Cookies: You can adjust your browser to control cookies to require your affirmative acceptance for new cookies, automatically reject cookies and/or delete or disable existing cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie and the browser that you are using.
- Flash Cookies: You may need to take an additional action to manage flash cookies. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, and can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Web beacon, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Web beacon was viewed.o Google Analytics: We may use Google Analytics on our Websites to help us understand how you use our Websites.
- Email Tools: You can also change your email settings to block the automatic download of images in email messages, as such images may contain technologies that help us understand how you interact with the message.
- Note that deleting or blocking cookies may impact your experience on our Websites, as some features may not be available. Certain options you select are browser and device specific
- Our Do Not Track Policy:
- Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our Websites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all the tracking described here will stop. If an industry standard on responding to such signals is established and accepted, we may reassess how to respond to those signals.
- You may also have the right to assert a legal right regarding our collection and use of your information under applicable law.
- Other Rights:
- Options you select are browser and device specific.
How Long Do We Keep Personal Information?
We keep your information for as long as necessary in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected, our business needs, and our legal and regulatory obligations. If we dispose of Personal Information, we will do so in a way that is secure and appropriate to the nature of the information subject to disposal.
Social Media Policy
Webcor is active on several social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Among our goals for our social media activity is engagement in an ongoing dialogue with individuals and organizations interested in construction, employment at Webcor, and other related topics. To that end, we encourage you to respectfully share thoughts and opinions on our social media pages.We would like to but unfortunately are unable to respond individually to every comment.If we decide to follow a social media user, it does not imply endorsement. We follow companies and individuals relevant to the construction industry. Similarly, a retweet or content share does not imply endorsement. We may share information relevant to our business or to the construction industry and our partnerships. We do have guidelines, however, and posts that violate these guidelines are subject to removal.A comment will be deleted if it contains:
- Hate speech
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity
- Nudity in profile pictures
- Defamation to a person or people
- Name calling and/or personal attacks
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product
- Comments that infringe on copyrights or trademarks
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile
- Other comments that Webcor’s Social Media team deems inappropriate
- All links posted as comments Webcor posts will be reviewed and may be deleted. Repeated violations of the Webcor comment policy may cause the author to be blocked from Webcor’s social media profiles.Social media is a 24/7 medium; our moderation capabilities, sadly, are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, but we have faith that our community will ignore personal attacks and negative speech, or respond politely, until we can address the situation.
Webcor’s sites are not intended for children under the age of eighteen (18). Webcor does not knowingly collect personal information from children under eighteen (18). If we learn that information has been collected from a user under the age of eighteen (18) through a Webcor site, we will take appropriate steps to delete such information. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of eighteen (18) who has transmitted information to us, please contact us using the contact information below so we can address the issue.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Right to Know. You have a right to submit a verifiable request to us, up to two times per calendar year, requesting that we disclose the following information: (1) the categories of personal information we have collected from or about you; (2) the categories of sources from which we have collected such information, and the business or commercial purpose for such collection; (3) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared or sold your information, and the business or commercial purpose for said sharing or selling; and (4) the specific pieces of your personal information, subject to exceptions. Please note, your request may only go back 12 months from the date of your request. To submit a request to know, you may send an e-mail to InternalCom@webcor.com.
- Right to Delete. You have a right to request that we delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions such as if the information is necessary to complete the transaction for which the information was collected, detect security incidents, protect against malicious deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, identify and repair errors and for various other reasons available under the law. To submit a request to delete, send an e-mail to InternalCom@webcor.com.
- Verification. To protect your personal information and prevent against fraud, we may verify your identity before responding to your requests to know or delete by matching the information provided in your request with the information we have on file about you, and depending on the sensitivity of information requested utilizing more stringent verification methods, including but not limited to requesting additional information from you and/or requiring you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury.
- Notice of Collection. To learn more about the categories of personal information we collect from and about California residents, including the sources of collection and including those categories we have collected in the last twelve months, please see What Type Of Information Do We Collect, How Do We Collect Personal Information, and How Do We Use Personal Information sections above. To learn more about how we share this information, please see the How Do We Share Personal Information section.
- Notice of Sale. We do not sell Personal Information.
- Notice of Disclosure for a Business Purpose. To learn more about the categories of Personal Information we have disclosed for a business purpose in the last twelve months, please see What Type of Information Do We Collect and How Do We Share Personal Information sections above.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
European Privacy Rights
To the extent you live within the European Union, Personal Information may be subject to further treatment and rights.
How to Contact us
c/o Webcor Construction, LP
1751 Harbor Bay Parkway, Suite 200
Alameda, CA 94502
Re: Website Privacy Statement